ABN: 22 093 776 626
1. Poms Australia values your privacy
Poms Australia is committed to supporting the ‘National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information’ which has set clear standards and guidelines for the collection, access, storage and use of Personal Information which Poms Australia may obtain during the course of our business operations. As defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), ‘Personal Information’ is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about you or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained.
2. The information we collect.
In order to provide you with services, we may ask for personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Australian Privacy laws require Poms Australia to collect your Personal Information directly from you if it is reasonable and practical to do so. Where we have collected Personal Information about you from another source, Poms Australia will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of:
- Poms Australia collecting Personal Information about you and how you can contact Poms Australia regarding the collection of such Personal Information;
- How you can gain access to the Personal Information collected;
- Why Poms Australia collected the Personal Information
- Who Poms Australia would usually disclose such Personal Information to any law requiring Poms Australia to collect Personal Information and the main consequences (if any) for not providing all or part of the Personal Information.
3. How that information is used
We do not use or share Personal Information for any purpose other than for the purpose for which it was disclosed. We do not provide or sell Personal Information to other organisations. However we may disclose Personal Information to our service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services.
4. Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You may contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel that the Personal Information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
5. Keeping information secure
Poms Australia takes measures to ensure your Personal Information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. We store Personal Information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. We use security procedures and technology to protect the Personal Information we hold. Access to and use of Personal Information within Poms Australia is appropriately limited by us to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of that Personal Information by others.
6. Dealing with Poms Australia online
7. Links to other sites from our website
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we have provided. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
8. More information
More information about Privacy law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website www.privacy.gov.au
9. Contacting us
The Poms Australia National Office is located at 30/380 Toorak Rd, South Yarra 3141, Victoria, Australia.